Boring look

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4127john

Aquarium Advice Freak
My fowlr 20 gallon tank looks boring and I don't why. Can anyone give me advice

Attachments

• image-3825864537.jpg
    image-3825864537.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 196
Because its a fowler! Lol. Have you thought about introducing some corals to add some colour, or is it a new set up? With only the two clowns and I can't tell what the other fish is but if they are all reef safe it might be worth looking into some hardy low light corals. I bit more rock might make it look a bit better.

Bectan01 said:
Because its a fowler! Lol. Have you thought about introducing some corals to add some colour, or is it a new set up? With only the two clowns and I can't tell what the other fish is but if they are all reef safe it might be worth looking into some hardy low light corals. I bit more rock might make it look a bit better.

+1. Im going through this with my fowlr. (the drab look). Both tank age and corals would most def help with this issue. As a tank ages, it "matures" and all kinds of wonderful things happen. Just stick with it and check out some beginner corals

You should add a watchman goby and a pistol shrimp if you want some interesting livestock

I don't think I can add anymore fish because I have a pseudochromis. But my birthday is coming up and I'm asking for star polyps and a Duncan coral. Hopefully I can get some more dead rock

Yeah +1 for the background. IMO adding a nice black background makes the fishes bright colours really pop and stand out.

Is the heater supposed to be touching the sand bed like that? And if I were you I would add some coralline algae. That is if you like coralline. It's really neat and it will cover your live rock with an awesome purple pink or reddish color. I bought a small piece of live rock from petco that was covered in coralline.

+1. Im going through this with my fowlr. (the drab look). Both tank age and corals would most def help with this issue. As a tank ages, it "matures" and all kinds of wonderful things happen. Just stick with it and check out some beginner corals

What kind of wonderful things?

May I recommend a Skunk Cleaner shrimp or two. They don't hide unlike my Banded Coral Shrimp that I may see I once a week.

I see my CBS all the time
they love hanging out on 1 rock up high in the high current

definitely need more rock I would also blow off the existing rock to rid that cayno build up

could add some plant life if you plan on staying FOWLR
you can get some nice looking macro's red, green, pink , blue , orange ect

Marine Plants In The Aquarium: An online guide to the identification and care of marine plants and macroalgae in the aquarium.

I'm gonna go get some more dead rock this weekend. Also no cyano bacteria is growing. It is just coraline. Cuz the algae is not slimy

Looks like red algae in the pic. If you can easily pick it off then its algae

I did but only residue came out of the rock. Leftover food and green algae. Sorry I didn't reply for a while I was having too much fun for my birthday

Back
Top Bottom