Bottom Feeders with GSP?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TLockhart89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone had any luck with any type of bottom feeder as a tank mate for the Green Spotted Puffer. I know they are typically aggressive with other fish and have experienced it with mine. Currently my GSP has a 15gal to himself and is only about an inch to inch and a half in length. I am aware that once he gets his full size I will need a much bigger tank but for now he appears very happy and has shown no "boredom". My only issue is that he of course is a messy eater, guts all his food and leaves the mess. Is there any bottom feeder that will consume what is left that HE won't consume?! When temporarily in my other tank the only fish he did NOT harass were my albino corydoras most likely due to them being pretty darn fast BUT I am going to be slowly accliminting him into Brackwater and would need a bottom feeder suited for that. Other than a bottom feeder, I don't plan on EVER putting any other fish in his tank with him.

I just keep reading about these once in a lifetime tank mate matches in which I do not want to get my hopes up for. lol

Back
Top Bottom