Bottom feeders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

syhko

Aquarium Advice Regular
Right now in my 10 gallon tank I need some tropical freshwater bottom feeders. I have 4 baby mollies in here right now and I need to know what freshwater bottom feeders can survive in around 72-82 degrees. In my colder freshwater tank I have two snails and some baby shrimp but that won’t work well in the warmer water. Any suggestions? The tank stays consistent in around 76-82 degrees F.

What makes you think snails and shrimp won't live in warm water?
Most snails and shrimp sold for aquariums live in tropical aquariums and are fine at temperatures up to 30C (86F).

We tried to put my two mystery snails in the tank with the mollies and they hated going into the water, when we transferred them back into the colder tank they loved it. It’s so strange!

Mystery snails are fine in tropical tanks. If yours didn't like the tank, there might have been an issue with the water quality (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate) or water chemistry (pH, GH & KH).

There are also ramshorn, nerite and a number of other snails that can live in warm water aquariums. Avoid Malaysian trumpet/ livebearing snails because they are a pest species that breed out of control and get everywhere.

What about some (small) "Cory" catfish?
I have 3 of them in my 10 gal tank.

BTW, I also have some cherry shrimp

Back
Top Bottom