Bought Some Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If there are fish in there, and the tank isn't cycled, especially with goldies, you probably should be doing water changes every day.

sharkiegirl94 said:
Tell me how to go about doing water changes? Should i keep a milk jug full of tap water and let it set? Or make it suitable tank water using chems?

Do you have a siphon? You should look into the python water changer. Anyways, take out water in whatever method you can, then replace it with water that is temperature matched and dechlorinated. Prime is a great product for this purpose.

sharkiegirl94 said:
No siphon, i ordered one though. How would i get the water the same temp? I have Prime for chemical balance...

Well if its coming out of the faucet, you can either put a thermometer in the water until its right and use it, or feel by hand which is a little harder and you might not wanna try just yet, or you can fill up a bucket and then put a heater in it but that takes a while, or you can slowly microwave a few cups at a time until the water in the bucket it right. That usually only is employed if for some reason you don't have hot water. The first one I listed is easiest.

Back
Top Bottom