Brand new Aqueon Quietflow 75 LED Pro not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

finnafish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! I bought this filter some months ago and just got around to filling my tank and of course it doesn't work. Its not up taking water and its making a very loud noise. I've looked up the problem and the general response is to clean the impeller. I did this and reinserted it and nothing has changed. Its spinning but that's it. And very loudly. It also doesn't sit perfectly in the middle of the slot. The magnet or something is pulling it towards one side. I'm not sure this was the impeller that was supposed to come with it but I also know nothing. I can spin it with my finger to a certain point where it catches a bit then continues to turn when a little more pressure is applied. I can provide pictures and videos just tell me what to capture. Thanks!

Did you fill the entire filter box with water prior to power up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You are correct . I have never seen an HOB filter that didn't have to be primed . I would make sure the impeller is seated in the housing and the uplift tube and put a glass of tank water in it anyway and see if it runs .

Last edited:
b54273d186ba3bbb7e22e0a1abfd7f44.jpg

It says here I don't have to

....... just add water

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It clearly states that I don't have to do that. I also just tried it and nothing changed

Okay so this time I cleaned the insert with vinegar and it cleared up some debris I couldnt get to. Its now working fine! Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom