Brands of frozen foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ItsInTents

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys,

I want to dive into the world of frozen foods such as bloodworms and brine shrimp for my Betta. I only have one fish so far but have a second tank ready to go for when I find the perfect second Betta. What brands of frozen foods do you recommend?

Thanks!

I use the brand San Francisco Bay Brands for my frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp for several years. It's what they stock in Petco in my area. There's another brand they sell that I don't use because they are dome shaped and I can't cut it as well.

Hikari and Omega are also good frozen foods .
The Omega has much larger bloodworms for larger fish,I prefer the Hikari for my rams .

I use the brand San Francisco Bay Brands for my frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp for several years. It's what they stock in Petco in my area. There's another brand they sell that I don't use because they are dome shaped and I can't cut it as well.

Hikari and Omega are also good frozen foods .
The Omega has much larger bloodworms for larger fish,I prefer the Hikari for my rams .

Hello Its...

I use Sally's San Fran frozen foods.

B

What is their process for sterilization and what is their guarantee?

Hi guys,

I want to dive into the world of frozen foods such as bloodworms and brine shrimp for my Betta. I only have one fish so far but have a second tank ready to go for when I find the perfect second Betta. What brands of frozen foods do you recommend?

Thanks!

I use San Francisco Bay Brand and Hikari frozen foods. Both are very good.

Edit: Forgot to mention Omega One. My platys heartily endorse the "Freshwater Community Formula." (y)

Last edited:
There are three Major brands of frozen foods for freshwater fish - San Fran Bay, Hikari, and Omega One . All are good.
CB already stated this - Hikari has smaller bloodworms compared to the other two. With that, I would recommend Hikari Bloodworms for your betta.

Thank you everyone for your input! I'll be sure to try to check out both but I think I'll have a bit of an easier time finding SFBB in stores around me.

Back
Top Bottom