Brawling Harliquin Rasbora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JayJay

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got some Harliquin Rasbora and I must say these fish are great. Very energetic, colourful and hardy.

One thing that surpirsed me was the day after they got in the tank, two of them started "brawling" eg. like two drunken football hooligans after too many beers.

I read they were peaceful fish and they are (no fin nipping) but rather these too spent 30 minutes going round the tank circling each other and ramming in to each other (kinda saying "wadda ya say, punk? Wanta piece of me? Do ya? Do ya? :lol: ). Their fins were raised in what I'm guessing in an aggressive stance. They seem to get tired and quit after a while.

I'm not worried but interested to hear what other people make of this (mating? territory?). I hear Rasboras are schooling fish but do schooling fish fight over territory? As long as its only a bit of saber ratling and no actually damage is done, it's actually quite entertaining.

Mine do the same thing. There is always a bit of chasing and pushing. No one ever gets hurt so I figure it is a dominance thing. I guess they need to decide which fish runs the school.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom