Breakthecycle2's new build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im so done with this hobby. I went to plumb the tank today and noticed a huge crack in the back. Didnt see it before because the back is black. I found a small crack on the bottom and it must have spread because of the temperature fluctuation. I don't know what to do except find someone to replace the back panel.

It took months to get this thing rectified. I finally got another brand new tank and this time I went with a glass-holes 3000 overflow. All plumbed Easter weekend and filled. I cycled all the rock in trash cans and then when I got the tank up, I had brief mini cycle. Current stock is some Acros's and Ty Dye Jawbreaker mushroom, a blue raspberry monti and gold torch. Two fish I have are a lare, very nice mimic tang and a deepwater snow bass.

img_3207870_0_299230e7a4d235f3436b026d33de13b5.jpg

img_3207870_1_562a1be00d90ed83e0301a1adbd5710e.jpg

img_3207870_2_47d6e92d6b671a4247814c898ce92695.jpg

img_3207870_3_9a7bab4576ce5ef86ccbbb37bb1d1f50.jpg

img_3207870_4_e2c033ecac570a862bf7ed25acd4835b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet setup!

Looks fanastic! Sorry for the issues you've run into, seems like everyone runs into some sort of problem with a new build. This hobby is a measure in patience.

I, too, am sorry about the struggles...how frustrating! I love your rockscape and Mimic Tang! :)

Ive seen those snow bass before. Very cool fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Dang what bad luck! Lol glad everything is coming together! I'm not a salty person *yet* but I love the stand and this tank looks like it will be a masterpiece.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Got him in, he's wrapped in his cocoon. Will try to take pics tomorrow. Next up is my golden pygmy angel (a carryover from my previous tank that my LFS was holding for me) and a red headed jawfish.

Got him in, he's wrapped in his cocoon. Will try to take pics tomorrow. Next up is my golden pygmy angel (a carryover from my previous tank that my LFS was holding for me) and a red headed jawfish.

Woohooo, congratulations! I am looking forward to seeing your pictures of the little guy.

Sounds like you have some fun future fish planned too! :)

I do actually. It was be wrasse heavy. Im on the look out for two Scott's females and a trio of eightline flasher wrasses.

Cool, I love Wrasses. I have had these in past tanks: Sixline, McCosker's Flasher, and a Linespot Flasher.
There is such a wide variety of them, and they are usually very colorful too, that's why I enjoy them. :)

So far I have added

Australian Scotts Fairy
Hooded Fairy
Golden Pygmy Angel
Deepwater snow bass
Mimic tang

Coral:
Wellsy
Jawbreaker mushroom
Some nice acro pieces
acan frag and some other LPS frags.

I have added some things and lost the Scotts.

Female Hooded Wrasse
Redhead jawfish
Aurora Goby and pistol, but they haven't found each other yet
Bonded pair of Fridmani Dotty's
Filament/Royal Flasher wrasse hybrid
pair of black leopard wrasses

Added some more frags. I will be adding some sick pieces very soon.

Back
Top Bottom