Breeding pair.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
My not so LFS said that when sexing is too difficult due to size, people usually buy half a dozen of the species in order to find a match and take the rest back when this happens. Is this something people do?

Sent from my SM-T210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Blue acara. Its a 47 gallon thats what im worried about. Also worried that the two males I already have will be double the size of the new.

With acaras you should be able to sex them by coloration and fins. The females will be less colorful than the males and their fins will be rounder. Usually people start with 4, 2 male, 2 female, let a pair settle then re-home the other two.

Yes its just that they said they are impossible to sex at 2 inches. If it is a easy as you say I could pick out 2 females and put them with the males or take a male back and pick out 2 females?

Here are the 2 I have. One is def a male. The other is a tad smaller and less colourful but it gets chased around. The top one is being treated for fin rot so its even more difficult to tell.

Attachments

• 1390008219248.jpg
    1390008219248.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom