breeding snails help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smiles982

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm getting a 10g soon to breed some snails for my figure eight puffers. What is the best way to set up for breeding snails and I was wondering if I could put a betta in there?

I find it easiest to leave the tank bare bottomed with just some fake plants in it, a heater, and a small filter. The betta will probably end up eating baby snails, so that isn't a great idea. Just add your snails and keep them well fed. What kind of snails were you thinking of breeding?

Not for what type of snails. I live in Indiana and don't have to many options. Whenever I buy snails for the puffers to eat, I get whatever is on sale.

Many lfs will have infestations of either Malaysian trumpet snails or pond snails they will usually give away for free. I just got 15 Malaysian trumpets for my sand bottomed planted tank for free. If you want them to breed just stick them in an aquarium and feed them heavily, before too long you will get a population explosion

I breed mts, ramshorn, pond & apple snails in a 10g with a Betta & RCS for my puffers, this is my setup, they love the plants!

Attachments

• image-1673107837.jpg
    image-1673107837.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom