Brenna ' s fish room basement build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a sickness really... plecoitis.. highly contagious, spread via sharing tasty pics on fish forums;) them 201's Brenna.. it's going to be a problem for me...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's a sickness really... plecoitis.. highly contagious, spread via sharing tasty pics on fish forums;) them 201's Brenna.. it's going to be a problem for me...

It will be an even bigger problem if she gets the ones with the bigger spots.

Brenna, I had a go at the 411s, but we couldn't hit the guys reserve :confused:

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ugh, reserve prices are so dumb.... What's the point? Just set a minimum price!

Yes, yes it is. I can't wait until tomorrow!! I hope I can score some plants or shrimp at the auction as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awe man! I did see the auctions for the L411. He's been running them for a week or two in groups of 5. Must mean he has lots. Lol. Maybe come January there will be more at a cheaper price.

Basically it's a cheap way to show up as a $1 auction to get more attention.... I don't bid on anything with a reserve price out of principal.

Definitely for the extra exposure on Aquabid. I used to be an eBay maven. That's how I had phone and cable as an undergrad. Lol

I'm going to have to get my act together and get to work here soon. I have tanks to clean to get ready for tomorrrow. I need to get 3x 40b now for all these plecos. I find the footprint is great for bottom dwellers and then the guppies are breeding and dropping fry like mad. The fry ate doing great better especially because they have the floating plants to hide in. It's funny to watch the guppies eat the green beans reserved for the plecos.

For those who have asked for videos, YouTube my user name is Brennaecho. I just uploaded 30 seconds of farlowellas.

For those who have asked for videos, YouTube my user name is Brennaecho. I just uploaded 30 seconds of farlowellas.

Just subbed. My lfs has farlowellas on sale this week for $8.99ea. I'd buy some if I could to try to breed, but I think you may have that covered ;)

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just subbed. My lfs has farlowellas on sale this week for $8.99ea. I'd buy some if I could to try to breed, but I think you may have that covered ;)

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It doesn't appear I have any males.

One scarlet badis female is in fact a male. He's coloring up nicely. He's chasing the other one I thought was female as can be seen in my video so I'm going to separate them and see what happens.
Also here is a pic of some of my habrosus corys.

Attachments

• 1449882034498.jpg
    1449882034498.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 1449882069332.jpg
    1449882069332.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 45
Awesome. The pressure to add video was great. Lol and I caved. I need to figure out how to use the phone so I can link my videos now. I'm not technology savy at times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Ok. If I can copy the link. Hehe that's what messes me up.

So jury's out on if this is male or female. The stripes are not red and it was being chased earlier. Stress stripes or breeding stripes like female bettas get? The stripes aren't really red, more darker grey colored.

Attachments

• 1449884072632.jpg
    1449884072632.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 1449884082009.jpg
    1449884082009.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 45
It's looking more male to me from those reddish fins.. Still more red than a female but hopefully I'm wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I say male. Just seems like it would be completely gray or white if it were female. Still has that red coloration, we'll see when he/she colors up.

Ok so the suspected Mister is in a 1 gallon that was used for a betta way back when. It's better than being chased and harassed to death in the 2g tank with the other male.

In other news I just cleaned two tanks and now I'm preparing to rinse sand for the one. Then the hunt for heaters out of my bedroom is on!

Attachments

• 1449887812171.jpg
    1449887812171.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 1449887823971.jpg
    1449887823971.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 46
My two just set up qt tanks. Hoping to get some plants at the auction tomorrow. Can't stand when my tanks have no plants. Right now I'm sanitizing dip and pours, buckets etc. I use a splash of bleach and let is soak for 15 to 20 min before rinsing them prime then rinse some more.

Attachments

• 1449892415442.jpg
    1449892415442.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 1449892430111.jpg
    1449892430111.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom