Brenna ' s fish room basement build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might check local for RCS. Got some around here for a dollar per from a guy who was done with shrimp entirely. In a couple of months, once the 20 is shrimping, I'm sure Bpophoto won't mind if I grab a handful for you, if it isn't too late.

I have some rcs. They are mixed in with other colors. That's how I get them from a friend who breeds them. I like blue. There are auctions coming up and swaps might try blues rilli then ? What do you think?

Brenna

I adore blue rilis! They're in the top three list, along with scarlet badis and emerald dwarf rasboras.

What do the shrimp wind up looking like all mixed up the way they are? Offspring, I mean. Babies, not the band.

Do let us know how it goes! Though... I'd probably get a copper test kit. The RO process would likely result in higher levels, in theory.

Ah ok. I didn't know that about copper. They have the test kits at one lfs near me. My friend has the blue rilis.

All mixed up they seem to end up white/clear looking and the brown wild type. Many turn out red still though.

Brenna

It's official, I am a liar, I made a mistake, good thing I didn't dump the dip and pour.

Ladies and gents, I HAVE ORANGE LASER CORY FRY!!! I don't have many but there are a few swimming around. The water is so dark from tannins I can barely see them but they are there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is great news....
Possibly the most expensive(re sale) fish you own breeding???
I actually caught one of my orange laser yesterday(and then let him go).
It was easier then I thought?
Petco DPG starts today in my area so I will possibly be picking up 4 more 40bs and the shelf from lowes that will hold them all!
Then I will have a tank for the cories and my apistos.

Can't say I know which pleco is better with the pistos.
Mine don't seem to mind the angels with them for now(I think they are breeding already?)..

Which shelving unit are you buying? There is a Lowe's here

DPG here too!!! Woo-hoo I'm thinking of going to get one today!

Yes the orange lasers are my most expensive fish if we don't count plecos that aren't breeding yet.

Brenna

Shop edsal 72-in H x 36-in W x 18-in D 5-Tier Steel Freestanding Shelving Unit at Lowes.com

This is one link;
Solid Gold: The Perfect Rack for 40 Gallon Tanks
I am thinking of an island in the middle of fish room #2 with all 4 back to back...
This is the type of info all breeders should have!!!(y)

I have same brand shelves just different size. My issue with tanks so close to ground is siphoning them is a pain. For my bigger tanks I've been using concrete blocks and boards. Dad and I just got half the block yesterday for 2 tanks and his xmas gift. Lol we pick our own here. I think we may be going to buy more block today and that 40b. Thanks so much for sharing about the sale!! This opens my possibilities as the Marineland brand tank where I trade my fish is about $60- $80 for a 40b. $20 makes a difference when you are fishin' on a budget!

I try to keep the smallest fry in LOW tanks since they syphon so slow...
That and I use large diameter hose to vacuum.
I can't give up space ,even vertical!:eek:
It's part of the addiction:nono:
:whistle::whistle:

Nothing like waking up to 1/2 up to an inch of water in some places in the fish area.

Unloading the concrete block then going to get a new 40b. Yay!

Spent my $, here's my loot.
1x 40b, 4x 50 lbs pool filter sand, 2x 48 in lights, 4x 48 in bulbs, 8x concrete block and 2x wood planks. Other blocks and wood are at home.

Attachments

• 1451251908788.jpg
    1451251908788.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 52
Spent my $, here's my loot.
1x 40b, 4x 50 lbs pool filter sand, 2x 48 in lights, 4x 48 in bulbs, 8x concrete block and 2x wood planks. Other blocks and wood are at home.

Well done!:rolleyes:
I took the trailer with me today...:whistle:

Hahaha! I'd have taken the trailer too had my dad not sold it! I forgot the two outlet strips. Actually my bank account is what stopped me. More would have fit in the Expedition!

So Coral what all did you get?

Brenna

Shelf from lowes,4@40g and a 20tall...(y)
Going take a couple days to get them up...:whistle:
:dance::dance:
I really can't help myself...:nono:
Maybe I can But I probably am of no help for others!:facepalm:

:thanks:

Clearly no one else adopts the black cats and dogs. More cats fish, maybe I didn't overload the tank this time.

Attachments

• 1451256892898.jpg
    1451256892898.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 52
Emerald dwarf rasboras playing peak a boo. Habrosus are usually out and about. Friendly little fish.

Attachments

• 1451261147506.jpg
    1451261147506.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 1451261161865.jpg
    1451261161865.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom