Brine Shrimp grow out tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krazedmuppet

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok, I have hatched my eggs in a hatchery (you know, soda bottle, bubbler, salt, water, 1/8 teaspoon eggs) And they are moving around, it has been about 24 hours. What I want to do is raise them and have them as pets/food. I have a beta who I just want to toss some in to watch it have some fun hunting and I was going to give some to my future cichlids. Again not as a main food source, just as a treat as I have read they are not as nutritious after the first 24 hours. Everything I read is just how to get them to the 24 hour mark, and little about what to do with them after. I have a .9 gallon tank I want to put them in (bit bigger than a sea monkey tank) But the water with the bubbler really gets tossed around with that little of a tank and I am afraid of it being too much. What is so different about these brine shrimp and sea monkeys? why do they need a bubbler and even a filter but sea monkeys don't? Guess if I wanted sea monkeys I should have just got those, but I thought this would be cheaper. Can I feed them fish food that I have crushed up and turned into a paste?

hi i asked a question like this awhile ago about saving money by hatching them at home, rather than buying brine shrimp weekly from lfs.

haven't tried hatching them yet, but i think you can feed them crushed flakes. see if they'll accept it.

Back
Top Bottom