bristel nose pelco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goldfish99

Aquarium Advice Newbie
It's it ok to have two of them in the same tank. I can't remember if they can or not.

Plecos are very hardy fish and will survice pretty much anything.

I have a few plecs in my tanks and they seem to be very happy.

Drop in some algae waffers now and then though.

Plecos are very hardy fish and will survice pretty much anything.

I have a few plecs in my tanks and they seem to be very happy.

Drop in some algae waffers now and then though.

Not entirely true. I think I've lost more pleco's than any other fish. I am in the process of losing a BN pleco as well I think because I was unaware they needed driftwood. He doesnt seem interested in anything other than laying one one of my plants now. Not even sucking on it, just lying there. :(

I'm sorry to hear that. The one I have in my tank right now would be around 6 months old being in the tank. Yes you definitely need drift wood. I have a big piece for mine on the side of the tank. Doesn't go to it a whole lot though.

I'm sorry to hear that. The one I have in my tank right now would be around 6 months old being in the tank. Yes you definitely need drift wood. I have a big piece for mine on the side of the tank. Doesn't go to it a whole lot though.

I went to the lake the other day and got a small chunk. I have it boiled and its now sitting in the sun. I want to let it dry out side for a couple weeks before I add it. Hopefully he'll pull through. He doesnt look sick, just very lethargic.

I dont have any driftwood , and my plecs are fine.

But i am going to buy some soon though

More for decoration though!

I dont have any driftwood , and my plecs are fine.

But i am going to buy some soon though

More for decoration though!

It all depends on the kind of pleco's you have. If a Bristle nose doesn't have the right diet, the bacteria in its stomach will die and it will starve to death.

It all depends on the kind of pleco's you have. If a Bristle nose doesn't have the right diet, the bacteria in its stomach will die and it will starve to death.
I have had and I know people who have had all kinds of plecostamus, and they survive and thrive for YEARS on your everyday ordinary algae...

Ok so can I get two for my 55 gallon tank. There is plenty of green algae. Grows pretty fast.....

I have had and I know people who have had all kinds of plecostamus, and they survive and thrive for YEARS on your everyday ordinary algae...

Yep i feed them a few waffers now and then but my plecs are fine as they are.

No driftwood
No special diet.

Back
Top Bottom