Bristle nose plec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sieski

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got one today. He's lovely a good 2 inches and settled nicely into the 15g tank. When my 45 tank is cycled he will have an even better home!

A quick question. 1 algae wafer a day? I read best in the evening. I did this and he showed no interest in it and carried on sucking my tank walls lol. The snails are having a lovely meal though

Heyas Sieski. I usually only feed mine a half tab a day. I check about 2 hours after I feed him and if it is still there I cut back on the size. Mine did not go for tabs at first he liked the algae he found in the tank better, but as he exausted that supply he started eating the tabs a bit more.

also feed at night since thats when they are most active. also try other foods like zucchini

different name maybe? i have also feed mine peaches. many veggies will work.

Zucchini0110.jpg

different name maybe? i have also feed mine peaches. many veggies will work.

Zucchini0110.jpg

yep courgettes lol. well i think its quite happy on the algae on my glass. not that I could see any but I bet he has more of a nose for it than me! I have cucumber in there regulary for my 3 apple snails. half inch slice every 3 days lasts 2 days. I'll drop half a wafer in every night when there isnt any cucumber in and take it from there. thanks ppl

Mine loves broccoli blanch it and let it cool. If you blanch it right it will sink after a couple of minutes.

Back
Top Bottom