bristle worms??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rx7grl17

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i just found a bristle worm...what exactly are they??are they harmful to my tank??what do i do with it?:confused:

I have some in my tank. IMO they are good janitors and part of a good clean up crew. JMO Also moving this to the SW aquaria forum.

Agree'd. They really get a bad rep alot of times. They are really fun watch aswell IMO. =]

I have many in my tank. If you see 1....you have a whole lo more than that in your tank. They are good to have IMO and I enjoy watching them at night and at feeding time!!!

I wouldn't worry too much. I think they're in everybody's tanks, lol. They clean up your leftover uneaten food. If you feed way to much, though, they can get out of control.

Oh wow... I didn't know they are alright to be having in the tanks, thanks for this question, now I felt relief. The only time I saw mine came out was when one of my snails died, killed by the hermit crab and suddenly I saw this pink works with bristles popped out from the LR. I tried to catch it but alas, I missed! Now I can breath a sigh of relief.

they are ugly looking little creatures but as mentioned previously, they help with clean up. As hard as it may be I'd leave them alone and let 'em work.

Back
Top Bottom