Brooksters 29 gal reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why not set it back up!?

New apartment doesn't allow aquariums, and more maintenance than I really wanna do for the tanks in the waiting room. And sold pretty much all my equipment. May do a small zoa garden with a clown goby for my desk since the only light I kept was my nanobox tide.

Bh450T1.jpg

Looking good man! Did that nem sting the caulastrea?
Wish I could blame it on the nem.. that was knocked over By the turbo many times. Was my first coral. I'm amazed it's still mounting a front. That nem has an appetite for sps.i have a brand new wave maker system, it Will have a nook...

Just shows how resilient some corals can be! Freaking stupid turbo snails...

Keep that nem away from the birdsnest!!!

Just shows how resilient some corals can be! Freaking stupid turbo snails...

Keep that nem away from the birdsnest!!!
I went to a frag swap and accidentally left a green toadstool coral in my car overnight. The temp outside hit 40 degrees and it's doing fine.

I went to a frag swap and accidentally left a green toadstool coral in my car overnight. The temp outside hit 40 degrees and it's doing fine.

I️ swear toadstools and shrooms are impossible to kill. Toadstools just shed and they’re back to new and mushrooms are just mushrooms. I️ have some in my sump that just pretty much live in darkness and funk but are still alive...

a while back I had a finger leather shipped through the mail it was lost 3 weeks the next day after I finally got it it was open fully . it didn't show any sign of stress at all yes leathers are tuff

Some of the new $5 frags, pink birdsnest has gone nuts in front of that 800 gph ph. Green digi has grown as well. The purple digi went missing for a week and after a few days back in the sun.. looking like a fighter.
cQyNpZK.jpg

E96K84V.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the birds nest is growing pretty well. Keep a close eye on it. Mine easily out grew its bottom. Once that happened I had algae take hold in there.
What do you mean? I had to move some rock around, I noticed it was breaking pieces off at it's bottom and algae was getting on in that area. The re-arranging seems to have helped.

Look at the zoas and green digi go! Accidental sps reefer here;) expert algae grower too.. see it lurking back there.. waiting to.pounce like a demented tiger..20180406_194359.jpg

Birds nest will grow and shade out the lower parts of it. They then die off. All kinds of stuff will grow in the dead areas, which can be cool...unless it's hair algae, aiptasia, vermetid snails...the snails were so bad in mine I threw the whole thing away.

I wouldn’t worry to much about the dead parts underneath. My old birdsnest before I lost it in an alk spike was massive and just kept growing. The underside was so shaded no algae grew on it. Just worms and sponges.

Back
Top Bottom