Brooksters 29 gal reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's just more nature in my home aquarium right? I'm a big fan of nature. Honestly it has been so bad in the past I threw up on the tank (not really but It made me want to puke).

Been there, I’ve torn down a tank because of a year long battle with dinoflagellates before, it sucks.

A turf scrubber would move all that hair algae out of the display and be officially part of your maintenance program.

Your already basically doing it anyway, just hide it.

The red light tube things? I mean, I'm not following specifically what that means...but it does use pvc and it does use the red spectrum of lighting to promote algae growth specifically. There are some neat DIY versions you can see on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=algae+turf+scrubber
And there are a small handful of people selling them online...I'm waiting to see when the patents run out to see what the larger companies can do with the concept rather than the current 'cheato reactors'...which I'm not a fan of personally. Cheato at the end of the day will either thrive or won't grow at all. Hair algae on the other hand will almost always grow.

Looks good man! My 40 breeder has turned into a fowlr/ shrooms because I can’t figure out why no other corals will survive in it lol.

Looks good man! My 40 breeder has turned into a fowlr/ shrooms because I can’t figure out why no other corals will survive in it lol.
Well. I can say for certain that there was "The Happening" in this tank. Mark Wahlberg never showed up but something took out all sps (but encrusting superman) and both my cleaner shrimp. Never pinpointed the culprit but it was 2 weeks of depression in there. Seems to be in balance now. The softies love it. Zoas are booming.... if it were my only tank I'd be bumming, considering the amount of attention needed in the cave it's good enough for now..

Still looks good lots of potential. I'm sure you'll come back to it as time allows for more attention. I'm just about at the point where I can sit back and enjoy mine lol

Well. I can say for certain that there was "The Happening" in this tank. Mark Wahlberg never showed up but something took out all sps (but encrusting superman) and both my cleaner shrimp. Never pinpointed the culprit but it was 2 weeks of depression in there. Seems to be in balance now. The softies love it. Zoas are booming.... if it were my only tank I'd be bumming, considering the amount of attention needed in the cave it's good enough for now..

Sounds like you had a drop in alkalinity.

That’s an impressive zoa colony sir, nice shots. I do see lots of room for more though... [emoji6]

That’s an impressive zoa colony sir, nice shots. I do see lots of room for more though... [emoji6]
Its exploded! Started with 4 of the orange bam bam and 10 of those neon green people eaters or whatever the kitschy name was...

I could probably frag you some. Shipping to a live volcano may have to wait a few months haha

Bam bams are gorgeous zoas for sure. Thankfully they are pretty common anymore. I'd check with your local reefing community. There are reefing clubs all over that will host all kinds of keynote speakers as well as frag swaps. This would be something I would be giving away for free if I was growing it in my tank.

Bam bams are gorgeous zoas for sure. Thankfully they are pretty common anymore. I'd check with your local reefing community. There are reefing clubs all over that will host all kinds of keynote speakers as well as frag swaps. This would be something I would be giving away for free if I was growing it in my tank.
We have a great local reefing community, that's where I got all of my coral. Nothing is free unless someone wants stuff gone. Mostly trades, frag swaps. Cash too, prices are always reasonable.

We have a LFS. It's only 2 hours away lol. I get most of my stuff from aquarium Depot, Top Shelf, and have bought from KP aquatics.

Kind of want a purple dotty back or something similar. Filefish maybe???? I have 2 clowns, yellow wm goby and a pajama cardinal. I'll browse this dudes coral farm. Probably more zoas or something orange to put next to the bam bam.

Back
Top Bottom