Brooksters fish cave, yup...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice B!

Got yourself an RO unit! I love mine, wish I had permanent space to use float valves and hard set it.

But for now, its drag the unit out of the closet, and make sure its running Saturday night or Sunday Morning so I have 32G to do the 2 tanks on Sunday!

Ended up with this one:

Premium RODI System - Buckeye Hydro

Bolivians and GBR's spawned like crazy using RO/DI cut w/ city water! Good luck!

Yah I'm going to start running 50/50 tap mix to all the tanks. See how it goes. Apisto tanks will actually get a bit more ro. Want tds below 100.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yah I'm going to start running 50/50 tap mix to all the tanks. See how it goes. Apisto tanks will actually get a bit more ro. Want tds below 100.

Nice, I really only went to around ~150 with mine the KH was around 2, and was scared of gassing w/ Co2.

Make sure you test your TAP TDS during Spring and Fall.. Mine goes from 400 Fall 200 Spring

Nice, I really only went to around ~150 with mine the KH was around 2, and was scared of gassing w/ Co2.

Make sure you test your TAP TDS during Spring and Fall.. Mine goes from 400 Fall 200 Spring

Good call man! I didn't even really take that into consideration. I need to test tonight and get all the numbers down, figure it out from there. Co2 ain't going as fat as it used to because the water is so hard.

Good call man! I didn't even really take that into consideration. I need to test tonight and get all the numbers down, figure it out from there. Co2 ain't going as fat as it used to because the water is so hard.

NP, keep in mind whatever your numbers are now, PH,KH,GH. They will be 50-60% lower, if not more! I spent a good week or so experimenting with what ratio I liked. Another route is to just make your own with Seachem Acid, and GH Buffer (not worth it IMO :) )

Nice info Zero!
I was going to ask you about your water on account of your rams...
I hopefully have 'a few' of yours that look like there past my loosing fry stage!

I am sure my water changes season to season...
You can remineralise with cheapo stuff like Epsom salt,ice melt,and baking soda...
I got my recipe off a member of TPT specifically for amozonians...
Those 3 are all I add back to my ro..:whistle:
I just replaced kent turbo calcium(calcium hypochlorite) for ice melt(calcium hypochlorite) and am now getting 5 lbs for less $$ then 1 jar of kent...:popcorn:

change calcium hypochlorite to calcium chloride...:facepalm:
My bad thanks to the guys who caught it!(y)

Sorry about not knowing enough about pistos, Brookster. That was my bad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice info Zero!
I hopefully have 'a few' of yours that look like there past my loosing fry stage!

You can remineralise with cheapo stuff like Epsom salt,ice melt,and baking soda...
I just replaced kent turbo calcium(calcium hypochlorite) for ice melt(calcium hypochlorite) and am now getting 5 lbs for less $$ then 1 jar of kent...:popcorn:

@Coral

The babies I have kept have paired off, but I don't have anything in there to promote new ones. I can't do it till I get a bigger place. That is pretty slick on the mix you listed. If I get back into just making my own (when i have more room), I may hit you up!

@Brook

Just some info on my RO/DI unit and filter life time. I got mine in February of last year, and my TDS is just now starting to creep up to ~4 from the unit. I am making 40G a week of RO/DI for top offs, and mixes for the 36, and 40G weekly wc. So I think if you're just mixing you should easily be able to get a year out of it!

Nice info Zero!

Calcium hypochlorite? Never heard of that before.... I always thought the 3 were Epsom salt, baking soda and non iodized table salt (Sodium chloride)...... Interesting....

Nice info Zero!

I work at a pool store and sell ALOT of cal hypo, never thought to use it as a buffer I always figured it would be toxic

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Calcium hypochlorite? Never heard of that before.... I always thought the 3 were Epsom salt, baking soda and non iodized table salt (Sodium chloride)...... Interesting....

I work at a pool store and sell ALOT of cal hypo, never thought to use it as a buffer I always figured it would be toxic

Hold the phone!
One misspell and brain fart and I am passing out deadly info...
Hypochlorite(my bad) strong chlorine!
Not what should be added...
Calcium chloride sounds more appropriate....

Thank God I barely listen to me as much as you guys!
Good catch!
Would hate for bad info to stay out there....

Hold the phone!

One misspell and brain fart and I am passing out deadly info...

Hypochlorite(my bad) strong chlorine!

Not what should be added...

Calcium chloride sounds more appropriate....

Thank God I barely listen to me as much as you guys!

Good catch!

Would hate for bad info to stay out there....

Arrrggghh... I just bleached my fish!
Jk. Nice catch folks.

The abacaxis? Have a pair moved to the 20 long. 2 more females due in next week or so. The female hides alot now that they're alone, I'm pretty sure the additional females will help with overall calmness of the tank. Similar to aggazizi with the spreading out of male aggresion? Stuck a lone male in the 75, he's actually looking stellar, coloration is crazy when food hits the water. Must be all the fish 20x his size in there to compete with;)

Some pics

Attachments

• 1463835787276.jpg
    1463835787276.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 1463835802418.jpg
    1463835802418.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 1463835816572.jpg
    1463835816572.jpg