Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice...

Is that pogo in the middle right? Why were you hiding it before it looks great!

I believe the pogo is at the left side of the tank. In the middle should be Rotala wallichii (which looks 10x better in this tank than in mine). It's probably the decent spacing that allows it to look full and healthy the length of the plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks people's, it's nice to finally not be too embarrassed to post a fts haha. The pogo is hiding under the Ludwiga repens, it's looking like it's about to grow like crazy, the stem is getting pretty thick. I'm thinking it's should be moved to get better light?? Thoughts?
The plant in the middle is Ammania bonsai, in front of walichi. Hey fresh, the walichi just started looking that healthy, im thinking these root tabs started saturate the substrate a little better.
Pittbully, the dw is manzanita I believe, it used to be a deep bronze red brown, it's been enveloped in a thick mossy algae, i like it though, adds a very natural tone to the tank..
The gda has been drastically reduced, I'd like to say it's from my adjustments but most likely those Otos have been chowing around the clock.. amazing fish!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's the now!

Wow, tank looks beautiful, I may need you to come out to Illinois and rehab my rescued fw tank ;). Your scape looks so natural, I love it, giving me ideas :D

Update, everything seems to be leveling off.. algae is still there just not nearly as bad, I've been dosing my leftover seachem phosphates twice a week until I mix up a new batch of pps. Pogo has finally taken hold, i may have to move it as the Ludwiga is certainly going to shade it in the future.

Attachments

• 1410347760052.jpg
    1410347760052.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 1410347771780.jpg
    1410347771780.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 1410347783216.jpg
    1410347783216.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 1410347792257.jpg
    1410347792257.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 92
The Downoi are filling out. AR mini looking healthy. I'd say 1/3 to 1-2 of my AR mini are stunted. I may have planted mine too close to each other.
Yes, give the pogo the right of way there. The close up shots help.

Hey Brookster,
The tank is definitely looking better. Looks like your getting the algae demons tamed. OS.

Thanks man!! Demons be gone!!!! Good to hear from yah man:)

Update fts..

Attachments

• 1410878264975.jpg
    1410878264975.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 74
Awesome man. The ar is bushing out nicely and every thing else looks gOod, especially the plant in the left back corner. What is that again?

The R wallichii has a nice healthy shape to it. And the AR mini look healthy are well.
Hey OS!

Tank looks great Brooksman.
You are now my new hero. Are you still making headway against the algae demons? OS.

Hahah, yah.... hacker at best.. I'd love to take credit for the lack of algae but between the 8 otos, which school together by the way.. it's like they meet up in the morning and say "hey!! Guys.. you hungry cuz I'm starving." These Lil monsters have done some serious work! I've upped the phosphates a bit and increased wc's to 50%. I feel like the new tank needs to hit a balance too, let the roots get to the o+ and start growing fast enough to utilize all the nutrients in the water. The vesuvias garden is amazing, it's growing tight and striaght, dr. Nanos suggestion of the plastic substrate fence has worked excellent. Tanks starting to actually make me happy when I get in... use to stress me back out haha.. OS- so happy to hear from you bro! Hope all is well and those over payed, under appreciated doctors of your are getting it dialed in!

Hey brook i gave up on the darn micro sword grass stupid stuff dint want to grow but got this other stuff thats doing well! It has a new little chain plant almost everyday =)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1410977365322.jpg
    1410977365322.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 63
Hey brook i gave up on the darn micro sword grass stupid stuff dint want to grow but got this other stuff thats doing well! It has a new little chain plant almost everyday =)

Heh.. yah I scrapped it when the 40b cracked, i actually left it in the tank with the bit of substrate I didn't feel like dealing with ahhgain. Funny.. it sat the back of my truck for a few days and wouldn't you know the stuff started growing like crazy in the sun with no water.. figures..
Plants look healthy himdie:) what is it? Dwarf sag?

Huh weird so it liked being out of water and its called ranalisma rostrata got it off someone on here =) he had it with co2 so i was a bit worried but its doing great

Huh weird so it liked being out of water and its called ranalisma rostrata got it off someone on here =) he had it with co2 so i was a bit worried but its doing great

Cool! Always nice when they actually grow for ya..

Yea i hear you hows ur tank going after all the misshaps?

Yea i hear you hows ur tank going after all the misshaps?

It's going great now, start up was a but green but it's starting to look pretty good to me!

Sweet thats always good to hear! Start up are usually crappy until things balance out =)

Back
Top Bottom