Brown Algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlazedSaint

Aquarium Advice Freak
there are brown spots on the inside of my glass and on the substrate, also my anubias bartari are turning redish brown on the leaves, is this brown algae? how do i get rid of it, can it be killing my plants

I hear Nerite snail will eaat the Diotoms-Gunck you're seeing.

Likely diatoms, nerites are very good at it, and your hands and a sponge would also help lol

It's not a big deal, almost every tank gets them at some point. They will grow for a while and then just disappear because the excess silicates in the tank are exhausted. A was stated, nerites, hands, or algae scrapers are great for removing them.

I have a magnetic brush so I'll use that and get a real brush today I didn't intend to buy a real brush since I want a small pleco and didn't wanna mess with his favorite food but I appreciate everyone's advice and I'll get a brush and Clean it all up, can it hurt my plants or fish?

Yay kk I'll grab a real brush and much past that I'm going to let it be if its still around in a few weeks I'll just get my pleco early

Back
Top Bottom