Brown saddleback clown fish swiiming strange!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
image-614845636.jpg

Idk whats wrong i just bought a pair of brown saddleback clown fish the one just keeps swimming verticle idk whats wrong any ideas anyone!!

Don't know too much about sick fish, but it sounds like a swim bladder problem. Try looking this up.

Yeah i try looking it
Up and something about a infected swim bladder came up but i really didnt pay attn to
It. Because he doesnt seem sick just cant beep a balance everytime
It trys to balance its self it goea back verticle

The swim bladder is like a fish's buoyancy compensator. Even though it doesn't look sick, I would bet this is the problem. Something ( possibly infection) is not allowing the fish to adjust its swim bladder. I would do more research on the infected swim bladder. Good luck!

No problem, I hope you can figure it out. If you bought the fish locally, maybe see if you can trade him for one that's not " defective".. Lol
I had this happen to me once with a clown, he was fine other than the obvious problem, and seeing that he looked OK still, they let me trade him.
LFS holding tanks are so small usually that picking up on something like this at the store is difficult at best, they always seem up and down at the glass. It's not until you get them in larger tanks, with some horizontal swimming room, that you see they can't really swim horizontally!!
Again, best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom