Bruce My Oscar Breathing Heavy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burf420

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my Oscar (bruce) was just fine in his baby twenty gallon aquarium last night then i moved him into his new fourty gallon breeder and he was fine through the night.nite today i have him two normal size minnows.plenty small enough for him and he swallowed one and then i the other one was just chillin in his mouth in it kinda looked like he was breathing heavy.not sure. Anyway thought he might be choking so i caught him with the net and he splashed Around a bit and the minnow came out! Oka but now he keeps laying on the floor then going up top and laying on side and the back down.changes from laying at the surface or on bottom every couple minutes. Please help? This is my houses favorite fish :/

And it looks like he is barely breathing. Gills arent moving all. Nietger is his mouth

My Oscar's always tended to do similar things when they were stressed out... They are very tempermental and being moved could of done that to him...

As for the food issue, both my Oscars were slobs and would wolf down any life food I put in there... They also would do the same thing and look like they were choking.... They are not, they are getting it worked to swallow....

There could also be a disturbance in the swim bladder, sloshing around a fish can disrupt if not permanently damage the organ.

Check out his tail looks like parts are falling off. Or maybe growing? Anyone ever seen this?

20130112_165030.jpg

Attachments

• 20130112_165049.jpg
    20130112_165049.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 96
Anyone have any ideas?i was thinking about going and getting a playmate for him out would probably be about half the size but maybe it would help? He used to be so happy always waggin his tail to so id feed him.but now he just looks Depressed

There perfect.but he s fine now must have been stressed from the move

Back
Top Bottom