Bryopsis? Grrrr...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that reduction just from the raised mag?

Well, I did a 25% water change before I started dosing. I haven't done anything else other than dosing and top offs, and small feedings every other day. I'm still running GFO. There is still other bryopsis present other than the skimmer return, but it's beginning to lose color and fullness as well...

Ok then, so you didn't manually remove any?
Is that the Kent product, or did you use another?

I see what you're asking... Sorry. Yes, I removed a little bit about a week (ish?) by hand before I started dosing. After I did that it actually spread quite a bit, and grew right back to how it was on the skimmer return. It was the same, if not worse, when I began to dose. And yes, this is the Kent Tech M.

image-3080587269.jpg

Week 2 of dosing Kent tech M... The bryopsis seems to be significantly decreasing, however I am experiencing a bit of what appears to be normal GHA. I suppose I could chalk this up to lack of water changes... Will most likely perform a decent water change this weekend.

Attachments

• image-2554812880.jpg
    image-2554812880.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 55
Hair algae is Bryopsis. It's a common name to cover most or all of them-
Bryopsis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yea I saw that on your other post too... I guess what I was referring to by the bryopsis was the fern like algae (kind of looks like a thinner and more flowing calurpa) and by GHA, I mean the more common hair algae I have seen in tanks. Please excuse my inexperience lol. The 2 types I'm experiencing look very different, and 1 seems to be receding due to the mag dosing, while the other is just hanging out like I'm hosting an open bar party. I'm going to do a 30% water change this weekend, with hopes of clearing up the smaller patches. I manually removed the algae on the sand, which has not come back yet.

This is good news though. At least it's taking care of some of it. What is your current level?

I haven't dosed for 3 days, but the last test was around 1500... The red sea test is kind of confusing lol, so that could be different. I intend on doing 3 back to back to back tests this weekend to see where the reading is.... Here's a current pic...

image-3818114855.jpg

Pic with no blues on... For detail sake. Also, FTS with no blues on. I won't be posting too much more due to the fact that the bryopsis is almost completely gone... But I do hope that other aquarists who encounter this pain in the butt algae can read this thread and know that the Kent Tech M is a very effective solution...

image-4239700168.jpg

Attachments

• image-1136597102.jpg
    image-1136597102.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom