Bubble bath when the lights go out...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiFanatic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For the past few nights now shortly after I shut off the tank light and dim the room lights I can see one of my bigger YoYo Loaches enjoying a 'bubble bath'. He goes to the back of the tank and surfs in the bubbles from the bubble wall for several minutes at a time. He goes back and forth and he also swims down into the bubbles head first and then back up again. When the lights are on I very rarely see any of the loaches in the bubbles, but this one seems to love them in the dark. Anyone else experience anything like this?

My yoyo loach is a NUT when the lights are off. Last night I looked over at the tank and could see him making sweeps across the front of the tank, then doing flips at each end and going back the other way. Sometimes he does an extra flip before going back across. I don't have a bubble wall, but my guess about why he chooses the front is because the current is strongest there and he probably enjoys swimming through it. Over and over and over again.

They are characters.

That's awesome, both of your stories.
My yoyos are crazy, darting around, but they don't do stuff like that....

at least that I know of

Lights out uh huh dance dance dance....

I like the stocklist on your 46gal...any chance we can get a pic???

Sorry neilanh, I forgot your was a 46
I was reading gouramifanatics list of tanks....

LandGhoti - I wanted Yoyos for quite some time, but they were almost impossible to find. Luckily I finally found them and I'm very thankful! They're definitely very entertaining to watch. They're energy and playfullness is so cool! :)

neilanh - Sorry, your guys don't do stuff like, but I'm sure they're just as entertaining to watch! :) Funny that you picked white gravel for your tank because that's what I did with mine. I've since added black to it though so it's now black and white.

redswi - I don't have an updated pic of my 46 gallon tank, but I can get one next week. This tank is at my office so I only get to see it during the week. I'll try to get a few pictures next week to post. :)

Now I have another question for you fellow Yoyo owners. Have either of you tried feeding yours freeze dried krill? I know freeze dried as a whole isn't as healthy as frozen or live foods, but I give mine as much variety that I can. Anyway, they FLIP over this stuff!! They'll grab a piece and then they'll go hide somewhere to eat it and if someone else should happen to find this hiding spot - watch out! It's so hilarious to watch. I've never seen them flip like this over anything else.

Back
Top Bottom