Bubble eye goldfish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike19

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What are some good companions for bubble eye goldfish? would a betta fish be a good or bad one? I have a 15 cent feeder goldfish and male betta together and they both are fine with eachother. I've never seen them fight with one another and I was wondering if I would be able to add a bubble eye goldfish to the family. it's a 10 gallon tank with a temp of 75

Only other similarly disabled fancies should be put with bubble eyes. This means other bubble eyes or celestial eyed goldfish. Other types will outcompete them for food and will usually stress them out with their activity level. Bettas shouldn't be mixed with goldfish at all, they are tropical fish and need a heater. They do best at 78-80 F and goldfish cannot tolerate water that warm. Also, a 10 gallon is too small for even one goldfish. Fancy goldfish like your bubble eye need at least 20 gallons for the first fish and 10 more gallons for every goldfish added after, and common goldfish need 55 for the first fish and something like 20-30 for every additional common goldfish. Common goldfish (feeder goldfish, common goldfish, comets, and shubunkins) are much better suited for life in a pond. These are messy fish that can grow to be huge. Fancy goldfish can get to be nearly a foot long and pretty big around, and common type goldfish can get even bigger.

Alright thanks and the goldfish isn't anything fancy it the same size as the betta and I've had them together for about a month and now I'm looking on to getting a bigger tank while the ten can be for the betta

Alright thanks and the goldfish isn't anything fancy it the same size as the betta and I've had them together for about a month and now I'm looking on to getting a bigger tank while the ten can be for the betta

If you want to keep the goldfish you will need at least a 55 gallon, and he will be all you can keep in that tank unless you go much bigger. If you can, build a pond! The 10 will make a great home for the betta once the goldfish is moved. You can even add some small schooling fish to go with him if you want (once the goldfish is out, of course).

that feeder goldfish is probably a comet goldfish as most feeders are, and it will grow up to 14 inches long

read up on any fish you plan to keep as it will save alot of headaches later on

Comets Goldfish

Feeder Goldfish

Back
Top Bottom