Bubbles???????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GT96

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just setup my 105 gallon Fish only with live rock (FOWLR) and It has a built in overflow predrilled to the sump underneath that was made by Oceanic and the water goes into the bioball chamber, then to the protein skimmer and then to a carbon filter. In the tank the return pipe shoots out a ton of tiny bubbles. I read in this forum about Baffles and they stop that, what is a Baffle and how do I get one ?

Before we go glueing baffles into your wet/dry, let's figure out where the bubbles are coming from. I see from another post that you use a Mag 9.5 for return, do you use it internal or external? Do you have filter media in your bio chamber, does the skimmer release the water onto a sponge or does it just splash back in the water?

When the water comes out of the carbon filter does it appear to have bubbles in it before it hits the return pump? If the answer is no then the bubbles could be getting created at your pump or your plumbing on the way back up to the tank.

If the intake on your pump is restricted then its possible your pumps impellers are cavataing and creating all those micro bubbles in the water. If you have an airleak in your plumbing then via ventrui you could be getting air into your plumbing aswell.

Back
Top Bottom