Bucephalandras!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do it dude! They will look great in your tank!

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs
Cn

Just to update an old thread and add a little information myself:

Assorted Buce:

6Mdjudu.jpg

Buy Buce in the warmer months. From all of the times that I've bought Buce, they do much better when shipped in the months of late March to early October. In winter, they tend to melt.

These plants are a great way to add color to any build, especially those who have low light and can't put those red stem plants in the tank. From my experience, they take about a month to start getting new growth, and from there, will be no issue.

They look better planted in clumps, alongside Anubias and/or Microsorum in low light planted tanks, or green stems in tanks with higher lighting.

Mine all metled and are slowly coming back.. I will probably get a few more soon.. Definitely slow going

However I did get 2 of mine to flower so far.

Here was the 1st one..

33590543701_42a4429291_h.jpg

Does buce spread like a stem plant or does it only propagate through flowers lik anubias does?

rhizomes.. Anubias uses Rhizomes too. If the rhizome is solid with a few roots on it and not mushy or rotting away... more than likely that piece can be reattached somewhere and will eventually put out new leafs and roots

What is this plant called?
Also would this colour still come out in low light?

IMG_2140.JPG

I have gotten 4 different Buce and I'm not positive which this is. Either Theia Blue or Green Purple. I had it in lower light and it still looked like this.

I got a nice pic of the Buce last Sunday. I believe this is Buce sp. Hades. I've had this Buce in the tank for approximately two months.

SvjAK1W.jpg

Back
Top Bottom