Buenos Aires Tetras Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquastrategist

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I have a 55 gallon tank stocked with 8 neons, cories, 1 angel and 3 rainbows. Recently I got 6 Buenos Aires Tetras. They have by far been my most active fish. Two of my turqouise rainbows have a very small tear on there rear fin. One of them has turned a very very dark blue. What does this mean and could the tetras be nipping?

Do you have any idea why my turqouise rainbow is much darker? And this is unrelated but what other fish could I add?

First how long have the angel and rainbows been together? If they've been together for some time and nothing like this has happened before then the tetras could be doing it. I'm not into rainbowfish other than threadfins but to me the color change would indicate stress. If the tetras are super active in a tank that was more relaxed before that could be enough to stress some fish. I'd just monitor the fish for the next few days but you might need to increase the number of your rainbows to 6 to make them feel more secure in a larger group.

Thats what I was thinking, my rainbows and angel have been together for 4 months.

Back
Top Bottom