Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
25k0u82.jpg

I can only warn, but xenia, gsp and kenya trees multiply like the plague. I am not going to add anymore to my tanks. The kenyas can drop arms and then multiply so all you have is kenya tree everywhere. same with xenia, you'll have it everywhere. I just bought alot of corals and I even had them remove the sprouting xenia on the bases so I wouldnt have any. :)

Unless of course you want alot of those things then by all means go for it. :)

IF you can trade them. my local lfs won't take any frags for trade or credit. Plus then you have to constantly be trimming and fragging.

Too much effort for me, plus I like a nice neat tank. I don't like the stragglers growing all over the place. But that's just me being anal retentive maybe. LOL

Thanks Ibrahim for the research and info. I'll check into different sites when I'm ready to add more. :)

I'm not sure of exactly what I want yet. I posted on photobucket different things I saw and liked. Haven't researched enough to know if I actually want them. Earlier post shows a list too, however I have to research those yet also to see if I really want them.

I'm not into fragging and trading and selling so I don't want to be overrun with anything. Thanks for all your help though, gave me more options and stuff. :)

I can only warn, but xenia, gsp and kenya trees multiply like the plague. I am not going to add anymore to my tanks. The kenyas can drop arms and then multiply so all you have is kenya tree everywhere. same with xenia, you'll have it everywhere. I just bought alot of corals and I even had them remove the sprouting xenia on the bases so I wouldnt have any. :)

Unless of course you want alot of those things then by all means go for it. :)

gsp?

I want to contain them, I don't want anything that "multiplies" and takes over either.

I want nice, colorful tank with alot of corals. I don't want "2" of any corals. So these, I got cause I know I wanted them, they were available. I know some of my orders will only be one coral because of the cost. Seems like alot of the ones I want are over 100.00 pretty much every where. So I gotta try to get no shipping to cause then I may as well just go up north and spend 150.00 on one, if the shipping on a 100.00 is gonna cost me 50.00.

Anyway, I'll post soon what my next choices are going to be. I'm thinking of going up north this coming weekend anyway....if I have enough money after bills.

Who needs groceries anyway? I don't even grocery shop much anymore. I can't even say I go once a month, cause I don't.

@Carey....You don't mind I adopted you as my SW Mommie do you? lamo:angel:

GSP= green star polyps. They make kinda a mat and grow like a very brigth green grass. I had an inch frag and now 6 months later I have an entire rock covered with them. I wanna frag them before they spread to another rock. LOL

I've been adopted, awww......love ya too buffy!

GSP= green star polyps. They make kinda a mat and grow like a very brigth green grass. I had an inch frag and now 6 months later I have an entire rock covered with them. I wanna frag them before they spread to another rock. LOL

I've been adopted, awww......love ya too buffy!
I'd love to buy anything thats outgrowing your tank. =)

I'll be ordering my frag plugs tomorrow so next week I will start to learn. Well, hopefully anyways. I know the gsp will be easy, I prob can make 6 frags and still have a decent sized piece left. lol

Same with some of my zooas', they are taking over the trocks I glued the frag plugs too so I don't want a 2 foot long zooa patch.hehe

As a diver I am impressed by SPS gardens I have seen, but I want a more natural look. That's why I like big heads of coral rather than loads of smaller ones. I let them grow and trim only when necessary for visability.

One of the pictures I posted earlier, I asked about it being a mushroom. Well it is. This is what it is.

Red Mushrooms (Actinodiscus sp.)

Buffy said:
Seems like alot of the ones I want are over 100.00 pretty much every where. So I gotta try to get no shipping to cause then I may as well just go up north and spend 150.00 on one, if the shipping on a 100.00 is gonna cost me 50.00.

That may be but if you are spending 100 on one coral why not add another so the order can be 140 then it's free shipping

That may be but if you are spending 100 on one coral why not add another so the order can be 140 then it's free shipping

True. I was saying in general cause some places don't offer free shipping, or you need to spend alot more than that to get it.

Either way, I'll still scout around til I find what I want at a price I'm willing to pay.

Yep . I remember one site that had 2" frags for $10 but its 40 shipping or free shipping on orders over 300. If you save up then you can make an order there. I'll have to get the site though. You can order 30 corals! Mr.Aqua has the same deal but the frags are smaller

I think we need a full tank shot! LOL

Congratulations Buffy, I';m so glad you brought some life into the tank!

Shrimp Molting already?

I think we need a full tank shot! LOL

Congratulations Buffy, I';m so glad you brought some life into the tank!

Hey Mom...You're behind the times... I posted one the other day. :)

I got home from work and of course have to see if all my little critters are ok, so as I was doing that I came across a big red shell. I did a double take because I just saw the Fire Shrimp and so I thought where'd the 2nd one come from? LOL Well then while staring at it, I finally saw it was a shell. It's behind the tank so to see it at that funky angle that makes ya wanna toss cookies threw me off.

How often do they molt?? And so soon from being in my tank? He sure must feel right at home already to strip himself of his clothing. LMAO

Here's pics (phone so color and well just the plain pic is blah):

Back
Top Bottom