Bulb configuration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0com

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, need some help as not sure as to why my plants have not been able the thrive with so much light.

I have two light setups running.

T5 high light colour and a nature 54w

T8 power glo and aqua glo 40w

I add 10ml of plant food every other day and have co2 pressurised going in for 6 hours which allows for enough the whole day.

Just unsure if I got the correct amount of light going in or the correct bulb mixture.

I am due to change the T8 40w bulbs as they are around 16 months old. Just thought about getting 2 x aqua glo bulbs but thought I would ask for some advise.

With power glo and aqua glow the colourful red and pinks would not take in the tank. So added another set but only could get t5 colour and nature bulbs at the time which I thought would make things better but can not see where I went wrong

Hi all, need some help as not sure as to why my plants have not been able the thrive with so much light.

I have two light setups running.

T5 high light colour and a nature 54w

T8 power glo and aqua glo 40w

I add 10ml of plant food every other day and have co2 pressurised going in for 6 hours which allows for enough the whole day.

Just unsure if I got the correct amount of light going in or the correct bulb mixture.

I am due to change the T8 40w bulbs as they are around 16 months old. Just thought about getting 2 x aqua glo bulbs but thought I would ask for some advise.

Hi,

What do you mean by not thriving? What is happing or not happening with the plants?

What plant food are you using?

My immediate suspicion (assuming the two light setups are on the one tank) is that you have too much light at present and you are not adding enough food to keep up with the demand caused by high intensity lighting.

There is less margin for error with higher light which can lead to algae blooms.

Back
Top Bottom