buldging betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mysterem

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Obese? Just wondering what the deal is. I recently put my betta in with my other fish in a 30 gallon tank and he is really starting to be huge! He gets along great with the other fish and has now decided that he likes their food so when I feed the fish he is right there gobbling it all up. right behind his head his body buldges down. Any ideas of what I should do? I would hate to take him out of the tank as he is soo happy :lol:

He could be eating too much. A betta's stomach is about the size of their eye. So he could easily overeat, especially if he's after all the other fish's food. I don't think you need to take him out of the tank. Just find a way to separate him from the other fish at feeding time. Try one of those craft stitching canvases -- I'm not sure what to call it. I know the craft stores around here have lots of it in different colors. It's made of plastic and has evenly spaced holes, and a lot of people use this material for a tank divider.

Get a square piece of this, and try separating the betta from the other fish. Just holding it in the water should work. It should be deep and wide enough so the betta can't get around it. Feed the other fish, then give the betta his food. When everyone has eaten, remove the divider material.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom