Bullying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tom05r123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

Not sure if this is being posted in the right place, apologies if not!

I have 4 clown loach and 1 Pakistani loach. The Pakistani loach is following the biggest clown loach everywhere...

Would introducing another Pakistani loach help prevent this?

Thanks in advance...
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi clown loaches prefer to be in larger groups if possible,you could do with at least a couple more. Pakistani loaches are notorious fin nippers,but could also just be after some company? Is he/she doing any damage? Does the clown loach appear to be troubled by the extra attention?

I have 3 Pakistani loaches; they are cool little fish :0). They chase each other and my yoyo around all the time but they don't seem to bite. Check for fin damage on the other fish. He is probably just playing.

Will definitely check that! Thanks for the reply

Loaches have fairly complex group dynamics between conspecifics and between different species. I would add several more yoyo loaches.

The clown loach sometimes sits on the bottom of the tank breathing quite quickly, i know they are a lazy fish and are often found sitting on the bottom of the tank, the breathing sometimes concerns me as I feel it could be a sign of stress?

Clown loaches aren't lazy, they're usually pretty active. If they aren't active and are breathing fast your water may not have enough oxygen or you may have a water quality issue. Loaches prefer a lot of water movement which oxygenates the water.

I have a bubbler tube that is On whenever the lights are, most of the time they are ok, just occasionally they are breathing heavily. I'll check my water tonight ??

Back
Top Bottom