Bumblebee Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have one of these guys in my brackish tank and Im looking to get more. The one I have right now doesnt do much but when he is active he is entertaining. I have read when these guys are together they get into little harmless scuffles over territory. I would love to watch these little guys interact and possible even breed.
I am almost positive mine is a true BBG(Brachygobius xanthozona) and not a golden banded goby(Brachygobius nunus)

Attachments

• IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 94
Hey Homer I haven't seen you in while. Give it a try with the gobies and see what happens. IMO they scuffle when there is not enough footprint in the tank. Your 29g is pretty big. I would imagine scuffles with 5+ BBGs.

Hey Homer I haven't seen you in while. Give it a try with the gobies and see what happens. IMO they scuffle when there is not enough footprint in the tank. Your 29g is pretty big. I would imagine scuffles with 5+ BBGs.

yea long time no see. Im glad to be back here. I was thinking of adding 5 to make 6 total and was thinking that was the max. my 29 is really only a 20-25gal

The f8 is doing great along with the flounder and mudskipper. I just moved the tank back home over 200 miles. I was having a friend feed the fish but come to find out for 3-4 weeks none of them were eating. The have been brought back to health over the past few weeks. tonight i did a full clean up on the tank. I can not wait to get these guys but i can not find them anywhere. I over paid greatly for the first one and i wont be doing that again. if anyone in the Philadelphia area can point me in the right direction id really appreciate it.

I have two in a 160 litre and they ate very entertaining. They're often together and do have little scuffles, mostly when they're feeding.

i saw a while back somebody here saw them on sale for a dollar a piece. If somebody could find that deal again and mail me like 5 that would be awesome.

Betta wanted to see my setup. I just rearranged everything in the tank. You can see the puffer and the skipper looking directly at me.
Sorry of its too big idk how to change it from my phone.

Attachments

• image-4227233464.jpg
    image-4227233464.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 94
Neat plant-less setup. They look more fun when my family looks at my tank.

Neat setup. Do you have a fogger or something to keep the tank humid.

no i closed up the back of the tank with a piece of plexiglass just sitting on top of the hole and it stays very humid in there. i always have the wipe down the glass on the inside. im thinking of buying a little squeegee.

IMO you must have really bad water parameters or an already ill mudskipper to kill it.These little guys were meant to live through rough conditions. my skipper has survived a heater malfunction and a month without food and the water evaporated below his shelf. believe me none of this will ever happen again. my friend lied and said he was taking care of the tank. im not a bad owner just have bad friends. he is fully healthy now and will stay that way.

Back
Top Bottom