Bumblebee goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My lfs finally got more bumblebee gobys so I got 6 of them for my 55g brackish tank and are sticking to the walls. I'll assume that's normal for them. I currently have 2 rock hiding spots and 2 wood hiding spots along with some plants and want to know if I should add more hiding spots for them or if they'll be fine with what they have.

Stock
4 mollies
3 guppies
2 swordtail
2 Indian glassfish
Roughly 6 ghost shrimp
7 bumblebee goby
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435278722.646848.jpg

Keep calm and drum on

I've heard reports of them being territorial so you could try add a few hide outs if you begin to notice aggression.

My lfs finally got more bumblebee gobys so I got 6 of them for my 55g brackish tank and are sticking to the walls. I'll assume that's normal for them. I currently have 2 rock hiding spots and 2 wood hiding spots along with some plants and want to know if I should add more hiding spots for them or if they'll be fine with what they have.

Stock
4 mollies
3 guppies
2 swordtail
2 Indian glassfish
Roughly 6 ghost shrimp
7 bumblebee goby
View attachment 274275

Keep calm and drum on

I would add more glassfish as they are somewhat schooling fish.

I would describe their personality as "Get off my lawn!" just old grandpa who want to be alone, post up, and just chill all day hahaha. They're funny as heck!

Are bumblebee gobies brackish water fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There are 2 types of bumblebee goby one with solid strips and ones with broken stripes. The solid stripes are purely brackish and the broken stripes can tolerate fresh water. I have solid striped ones

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom