Bump/ bulge on Senegal Bichirs belly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitch_Wilson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, I moved away to college in late January so my dad has been feeding my fish ever since, 6-8 Hikari sinking carnivore pellets for my Senegal Bichir and a small African Knife Fish. I try to come home on the weekends, or every other weekend at least, and do a water change (I know its not ideal but it is a planted tank so that helps a bit).

When I got home earlier today I went and did a water change and checked on my fish and noticed a bulge on the bottom/ belly of my bichir, my dad says he doesn't remember it being there when he fed them yesterday but he wasn't really checking for anything like that.

My assumption is that he either ate a large amount of the pellets, ate a snail (Had a small # of MTS from a plant last I checked, not sure if they are still alive even) or, that he ate a pellet with his food. I could be wrong in my assumptions I really don't know but either way I'm not sure what to do about it for any of the possible reasons.

I didn't notice anything else odd, maybe slightly more jumpy than last time I was here but thats hard to tell.

Attachments

• IMAG0441.jpg
    IMAG0441.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 461
  • IMAG0442.jpg
    IMAG0442.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 126
Following this post.. Mine is also going through this now and I have no answers yet either

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I assume that mine had eaten a large amount of food at once earlier that night as within two days it was completely gone and he seemed healthy as ever. I hope it goes as well for your buddy

Back
Top Bottom