Bunch Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noah0504

Aquarium Advice Regular
I ordered some plants and they arrived this morning. I will be planting them very soon. Two of the plants are bunch plants (Anacharis and Cabomba). I've read a few different way people plant these. I think the recommended way to plant them is each stem in its own hole. I can only think how long and difficult it would be to get each plant in separately like that.

I've seen pictures that look like it was planted all together and they look quite healthy. Are there any ill effects to doing it this way? If so, I suppose I'll really take the time to get it right, but if not, I have enough to plant three separate bunches in the tank.

I planned on separating them from the lead wrap, cutting the end of the stems and then removing the leaves from the area that will be under water. I'm going to try planting them together in one bunch, but keeping my fingers high up on them, so hopefully when they get planted, they won't be completely stuck to each other.

I hope they do well. They both will look great in the back of the tank!

Back
Top Bottom