Button Polyps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guitarvp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Picked these guys up yesterday along with a colony of zoas. The best could find doing research was button polyps but I'm not sure. They are about the size of a quarter and pretty much look like zoas on steroids.

image-971113583.jpg

image-683811139.jpg

Not button polyps. However I'm unsure what they are. They seems like some kind of majano anemone possibly.

+1 they look like majano. Honestly though, they are really pretty! I think you should keep them! Well until they start over running the tank anyway. Did you buy them? I mean, how much did you pay and what exactly did the store tell you?

Thanks for the responses guys.

AbsolutFaye- I actually got them from one of our LFS here in Okinawa, Japan. For that rock and a rock the same size with bright green zoas I paid 500 yen or about $7. The owner doesnt speak much english and I kinda figured since they were in the same tank as her zoas, that they were button polyps LOL. I think i'll keep them for a bit and keep an eye on them. They do look pretty awesome under my blues and lunar LEDs.

Back
Top Bottom