C02 and PH question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium 308

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a 40 gallon that I hooked up a co2 kit on. My first time using c02. Question is that I calibrated my mikwaulkie controller and it was reading my water to be 7.5 ph. I started dosing co2 at about 1 bubble or less a second. After about 12 hours my ph read 7.9 ph. Should my ph be going the other direction which is down instead of up.
Thanks
Nick

Lol, yes - ph should be going down. Do you have another ph test kit to check?

I have the Ista ph controller so can't help but did the calibration go ok?

Yes, that is odd. Should be dropping. I agree, test it independently over the course of the day (API pH and High pH tests kits as a recommendation).
I finally tested my morning versus evening pH and I am getting a 1.2-1.4 drop during the day at ~2 bps using a GLA knockoff diffuser placed in the path of my canister output (heavy mist in the water column).

Yes calibration was easy and hardly needed any adjustment. I do have driftwood in the aquarium which is leasing tannins in the water. Also just before staring the co2 for the first time yesterday I did a 25 percent water change.

Back
Top Bottom