Cabomba and Ceratophyllum not staying up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

exactionfigure

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Cabomba caroliniana and Ceratophyllum demersum won't really stay up the Ceratophyllum demersum more so what is the cause of this?
They are all falling over each other I’m not sure why it wasn't like this before
My Rotala indica is doing fine and standing up straight so I don't know what’s going on.
What would cause this?

exactionfigure said:
My Cabomba caroliniana and Ceratophyllum demersum won't really stay up the Ceratophyllum demersum more so what is the cause of this?
They are all falling over each other I’m not sure why it wasn't like this before
My Rotala indica is doing fine and standing up straight so I don't know what’s going on.
What would cause this?
are they being blown over by a current?

Very high light could cause this. A deficiency could cause this, a lot of things could be happenning.

We really need more information, try to answer the sticky questions as best you can so we can try to help you more. I know it is a pain but it helps a lot, I know, I had to list them more times than I can remember but in the end it has made for some awesome growth.

I just updated my profile with all my tank info and uploaded a pic of my tank that I took a couple of weeks ago.

Is it likely that a lack of macro nutrients will cause this?
I have only been dosing with flourish for now but I have macros on the way (this coming week)

If that is the cause how long to you think it will take for them to get back to normal?

But they are ment to be planted in the ground, or they can be at least
and from what I hane seen they grow upwards mine are all slumped over

From what you have posted I would say macros as the lighting is high enough that they could be suffering form deficiencies of everything. Slumping and low growth is signs of nitrates and CO2 mainly. I would say macros will solve the problem or at least help. As far as how long to see a difference, maybe a week but I would give them 2 weeks to really get going.

Edit: Sorry, I was thinking about a different plant that will root. I haven't gotten hornwort to root, I have gotten Green Foxtail to root but totally different plants.

Back
Top Bottom