Calculators (Where to find)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbadd99

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you all know what a tremendous help I've found this site to be. I also wanted to add a suggestion.

I've been sorting through and sifting I don't even know how many threads trying to find answers on various "how much" or "how many" questions I have had. Most involve a calculator of some kind (substrate, heater wattage, etc.) I spent about 15-20 minutes looking for a substate calculator - lucky I'm not a total forum noob and I used the search function before posting - before I found a link.

I'd like to suggest a thread, made into a sticky eventually, that has a link to calculators of various type. (Even a "rule of thumb" recommendation wouldn't be bad - like how many fish for a xxxx g tank)

Just my .02 - let me know what you think.

Moving this to the forum admin and tech support forum. Thanks for the suggestion.

i like the idea of calculators of various sorts. litres to gallons, tank dimensions to gallons, some general things like that. For fish though, thats just not possible. You cant really set a "rule" like that. Look at the 1" per gallon "rule", so many people have used that, and failed big time because it just plain and simple doesnt work. Good idea though ;)

Great idea, i am on board. I would also like to make a species list of fish and there minimul tank sizes. This will make it easy for people that are looking for tank advice and what fish to put in it. And hopefully have this as a sticky.

Back
Top Bottom