Caliban's AquaOpti 85L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks good! You have a great variety of color and leaf texture as well as sizes in height of plants and leaves! Glad you can finally sleep again, tonight you will sleep like a baby since you got the plants in :).

That looks good! You have a great variety of color and leaf texture as well as sizes in height of plants and leaves! Glad you can finally sleep again, tonight you will sleep like a baby since you got the plants in :).

Thank you. Yes I wanted to keep things tight to the substrate but use a variety of plants. The dwarf sag is pearling only a few hours in. I'm really hoping the hairgrass does well. It didn't look so hot when I purchased it.

The downoi is very pale too. I think it may need some micros.

A bit worried about the Lilaeopsis. It looks like it could run riot.

Thank you. Yes I wanted to keep things tight to the substrate but use a variety of plants. The dwarf sag is pearling only a few hours in. I'm really hoping the hairgrass does well. It didn't look so hot when I purchased it.

The downoi is very pale too. I think it may need some micros.

A bit worried about the Lilaeopsis. It looks like it could run riot.

Haha yea keep an eye on that lilae, it will spread really really fast with co2. You'll most likely have strays popping up every other day. It spreads quicker if you cut it down aswell.

Tank looks real good. If I was to fault anything is say the Reds need to be in 1 spot as it makes your eyes dart between the 2 red patch's taking away from the overall scape. If you like it and your happy with it though don't change a thing! Just personal preference.

Will look great when grown out!

Plants are in! Just waiting on the blyxa to arrive.

Plants are.

Micranthemum (Monte Carlo)
Pogostemon Helferi
Dwarf sag
Dwarf hair grass
Alternathera Roseafolia
Lilaeopsis mauritiana
Blyxa japonica
Christmas moss

I may add some more stems along the back in time but for now I can finally relax and let it grow in.

View attachment 292906

View attachment 292907

View attachment 292908
Very nice xaliba. Looking for some blyx japonica meeting a local austinite Tom says he might have twisted fingers but ur tank is looking sweet

Thanks All.

Bert I'll keep tabs on the reds thanks for that.

Just be interesting to see how it all grows on now. Very worried about the Lilaeopsis now. May remove it in time.

Took Berts advice and moved the Reds over. Moved the Pogostemon helferi up top. May use some S repens again in the naked patch.

Added a black background.

IMG_2432.JPG

I'll catch all that plant debris on the filter inlet next water change.

[emoji848] totally untrained but I liked the reds spread and more prominent. It is still lovely.

Took Berts advice and moved the Reds over. Moved the Pogostemon helferi up top. May use some S repens again in the naked patch.

Added a black background.

View attachment 293068

I'll catch all that plant debris on the filter inlet next water change.

Looks perfect bud ;) id say it's more pleasing to the eye now. The red draws you through to the back of the tank.

Do you like it better? The scapes really popped since you blacked the background!

Very nice start...but can't you hide that heater?

I had a heater with a similar reflective surface. Played heater swap with the tanks and found that an Aqueon Pro with a flat black finish nearly disappeared against a black painted rear wall.

I could probably pop it vertically down the side. I had a bit of a temperature issue which resulted in me buying another heater only to find that I really did just need to be setting them higher. They are both 100w and I though the problem was the heater. I'll think about hiding it when the tank progresses somewhat. At the moment it is of little concern but I understand your observation thanks.

[emoji848] totally untrained but I liked the reds spread and more prominent. It is still lovely.

I know why you mean. I'm still a bit hmm myself. The AR will grow taller and may change your mind then I don't know. In Dutch scapes they have reds splashes all over.

Back
Top Bottom