came with my live rock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dreamelissa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
we got this live rock from a family friend who was starting with a larger tank again and we were starting our first tank . we've had it for 2 months now and we start seeing these armssssss come out from the rock. anyone know exactly what it could it be? my guess is a starfish of some kind?? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403565169.638295.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403565218.353319.jpg

Either that or a bristle worm. Both harmless and beneficial members of your cuc

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

thank you so muchhhhh.. now I'm just trying to figure out how to get him out of there.

You don't have to. They are good for you tank.

oh no I mean like out and about in the tank.. I know they're nocturnal and like to stay hidden anyways.. but I kinda feeeeeel like he's stuck in there? (lol)

...only because those arms were out there catching food for weeks before I knew what it was and it never moved from that spot.. I just want it to be okay.

You'll rarely see either, and both are literally made to move through the tiny holes in the rock.

Oh it's fine. They live inside the rock and just stick their arms out to catch food

Back
Top Bottom