Cam's 10 gallon journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea two platies at the moment I'm going to move them to my 20 gallon though when I get new fish. Today I'm going to get a school of Rasabora Brigittae. Unless I can find some other small fish the will look good with red cherry shrimp.

It's an apple snail. Either blue or black, he was defiantly abused at petsmart where he was the only survivor of about 100 snails.

Yea two platies at the moment I'm going to move them to my 20 gallon though when I get new fish. Today I'm going to get a school of Rasabora Brigittae. Unless I can find some other small fish the will look good with red cherry shrimp.

It's an apple snail. Either blue or black, he was defiantly abused at petsmart where he was the only survivor of about 100 snails.

Do u already have red cherry shrimp in there? And dont apple snails get pretty huge?

They're a ton of different species of apple snails and yes they get pretty big. I don't have shrimp yet I may get some ghost shrimp today until I get some RCS.

Time for an update: Tank is doing great! I've stopped the DIY CO2 for now because its been causing changes in pH. I bought two new bumble bed gobies and 14 ghost shrimp yesterday which I drip acclimated. I put 6 shrimp in my 10 gallon and 8 in my 20 gallon. Everything is thriving although I may take back one of the gobies if I find they are both male. I will have pictures of the tank up around 3.

PS: the tank is in jungle mode( I haven't trimmed in a month) yikes :)

image-3731828871.jpg

Pic of my gobie from another thread

Probably going to trim soon I can't ever find my fish in there anymore haha.

Looks really cool! Although Im not sure if Im a fan of the really tall plant in the front that is bending at the surface. I think you should take it out and a small clearing in the middle of a jungle would look pretty cool!

Thanks I was thinking that too lol it was from a bulb an grew that size in 3 days

I like the clearing in the middle idea

Took that plant out and my tank erupted with dirt. Dirt is everywhere the root system was all over the tank. Anyone know what I can do now dirt is on top of my sand :(

Took that plant out and my tank erupted with dirt. Dirt is everywhere the root system was all over the tank. Anyone know what I can do now dirt is on top of my sand :(

You could try to siphon it off but I think the dirt would heavier than the sand. Thats one of the reasons I dont do dirted tanks, Im always moving something. I would just to a big water change. Your nitrates might spike so just keep an eye on that. Is the dirt really that noticeable on the sand?

I'll have to wait until later tonight to vacuum

Attachments

• image-983082526.jpg
    image-983082526.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 76
  • image-4031237706.jpg
    image-4031237706.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 93
  • image-3389369582.jpg
    image-3389369582.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 83
  • image-992241119.jpg
    image-992241119.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 80
Just let the dirt settle and try not to disturb it until you get more of your cap. I've made just as big a messes in the 220 but I make sure I have cap on hand all the time. Also why the only root plant I now have in it is a Crypt Wendtii Florida Sunset. Stem plants are great for dirted tanks as you can move them till the cows come home and not make a mess. I already told you how to add the cap once you get more. It may not look pretty but there is no harm done. You just need to do alittle work.

Thanks for the advice. I just vacuumed and got a lot of the dirt up but there is still dirt and mulch everywhere I think I may just buy some black diamond sand and redo my substrate throwing away the old sand and dirt.

Although this does allow me to make the substrate at the levels that I want, make the sand cap a lot higher and to add clay/nutrients to the dirt.

Also I have two more of those root plants that would cause this problems again.

Today I found a bunch of baby platies in my tank! Food for my bumblebee goby! Lol

Back
Top Bottom