Can a Cinnamon clown hurt a anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissamustang

Aquarium Advice Addict
Our Cinnamon clown fish is diving :( into a bubble anemone that we just got last week. Could he hurt it? He was doing the same to another anemone that we got the other day and now its in hiding.

I was wondering because he sure is ruff. 8O
Thank you!

"the wife" just called me and let me know that the bubble anemone has went down in the rock now after the clown was all in it. Any suggestions or is it normal?

not all anemone accept the way clown fish treat them, sometimes if the anemone not big enough, the clown fish might even stress it so much that it will not open up any more and leading to its death.
2 weeks might be too fast for ur anemone to accept the clown, it might still try to get use to the environment. Maybe try seperate the clown for couple weeks, when u find out the anemone start to accept food and looking great,then that should be the right time for the clown to back in.

Thank you that is what I was afraid of. I really do not know how I would ever begin to try to catch him in the monster of a tank we have! I hate to see the anemone get hurt. I hope it will recover!

My tomato clowns do the same to to their anemones.. One has disappeared and now the new one doesnt open up much...violent clowns..so i've decided no more anemone for them!

it is really not the clown being violent, its just that it "loves" the anemone toooo much, which it doesn't even know it is hurting it. hope that anemone recover, ty target feed it once a week when it comes out seeking for light. But remember, if it let go of the food, DO NOT force it, it will just stress it more.

How long has the anemone been in the tank? I'd let it alone and just give it some time. Clownfish can be somewhat aggressive in their attentions given to anemones but if the anemone is healthy, it will adjust. The fact that it went into hiding makes me think it's still just acclimating to your tank and lights. Is the anemone large enough for the clown to snuggle down into? If it's to small, that could end up being a problem.

Thanks you so much fluff and the others :D .
The anemone is way big. It is way to new though. It is looking a little better. Its still hiding and the clown went after a new home.
The new home is the bubble anemone in which I stated before. It seems to cuddle to the clown and enjoy him diving into it. He slept in it all night :sleeping: and it fits him like a glove.
I think he got a new great home.

Thank ya!

Back
Top Bottom