Can anyone identify this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tmaida17

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought some live rock from a local store about 2 weeks ago and the gentleman working wasn't sure what this was.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120131_133931.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120131_133931.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 129
  • ForumRunner_20120131_133948.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120131_133948.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 125
That would be nice. . How can you tell if its alive or not?

Unfortunately, if you had it exposed to air it may be dead- however- if it still looks like this it may come back to life. Are you cycling right now?

I started my sw aquarium about 8 weeks ago and got that live rock with "sponge" maybe 2 weeks ago.

What do you mean cycling? I m new so work with me here lol.. Water change?

Tmaida17 said:
What do you mean cycling? I m new so work with me here lol.. Water change?

Did you dose your tank with ammonia to make the water "mature"?

If your tank is 8 weeks old and you have only had the rock about 2 weeks you should be fine. Just keep an eye on it. It looks fine right now!

Oh no I didn't put any ammonia in it. I was told to put live sand and some live rock in and let it cycle for a month from someone at a local pets store employee. Which I read after there are obviously better ways but everything turned out ok so I m happy

I did test the water a couple times with those dip sticks that I stole from my cousin and everything has been fine. I just got the Api Saltwater test kit and calcium test kit in the mail today so I m going to try them any second and i'll let you know the details.

It is a sponge, and it looks fine, I have a bunch of them growing in my tank here and there, their good they help filter your water.

That's awesome :). Any idea how big they grow circus or do they multiply?

I don't have big ones, I have small ones here and there, they spread over time.

Ya mine isn't big at all. It's only about 1 1/2 - 2 wide..

Back
Top Bottom