Can anyone tell me if they know what these guys are?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pwinter747

Aquarium Advice Newbie
image-201842006.jpg

These two life forms came on the live rock that I purchased several months ago. The guy on the left just showed himself the other night as I was feeding zooplex into my tank. He has eight stringy, branch-like arms that curl up as if he is feeding. Any info on these two new friends will help.

The tentacles are part of a sea cucumber. Can't see the second animal in the pic.

I've seen it before, but can't remember where. Obviously a filter feeder though...not harmful. What is the thing on the right? I don't see anything.

By right, I mean the white hard coral toward the top of the rock. Sorry I wasn't very descriptive. Thanks for your help

image-3225179467.jpg image-2640260903.jpg

Here are two more advanced photos. I've centered the two pieces in question for clearer viewing. I hope these help...

Hard to say from the pic. Could be a bleached out caulastrea, or perhaps sorry looking branching sun coral. Gotta give that some time to recover and see what it evolves into. try feeding it some meaty foods.

Back
Top Bottom