Can I add more fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mil26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay well sofar I have 2 clown fish 1 chromis and a cleaner shrimp I was wanting to get 1 more fish and its a royal gramma was wondering if the fish would be okay with my other fish and if I should even add it to my tank its a 20g x high tank

IMO you are pushing it for a 20 gallon as it is. If you do add one more then that should be it. Is there any LR in there for the fish to hide in.

Hey welcome to the fourms! Do you just have two normal clowns? Unless they're say aggressive ones like maroon or mai tai I'd say you'd be absolutely with the addition of a gramma. They work with most tank set ups.

It'd be pushing it a lot but you could fit a goby in there too..

If those clowns pair up, which they will by default they will possibly become territorial...

I think you are pushing it but the gramma is great choice.
You do need rock work for it to claim as territory and seek shelter.
How are your water parameters?
How do you export nutrients?

IMO you are pushing it for a 20 gallon as it is. If you do add one more then that should be it. Is there any LR in there for the fish to hide in.

Yes there is :)

Sent from my XT1528 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey welcome to the fourms! Do you just have two normal clowns? Unless they're say aggressive ones like maroon or mai tai I'd say you'd be absolutely with the addition of a gramma. They work with most tank set ups.

It'd be pushing it a lot but you could fit a goby in there too..

If those clowns pair up, which they will by default they will possibly become territorial...

Normal clowns and they have been paired I've had them for 2months now

I think you are pushing it but the gramma is great choice.
You do need rock work for it to claim as territory and seek shelter.
How are your water parameters?
How do you export nutrients?

I have a hob refugium and a skimmer

Back
Top Bottom