Can I keep one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cynic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

I recently saw a Clown Pleco in my LFS. This is a rare and momentous event as it is the second Pleco I've seen for sale in my area for the past two years.

Now obviously I want him :3

My issue is he'd have to share a 50G tank with a small male bristle nose so I'm not sure if that's enough space to keep them being territorial?

Cheers in advance :)

I think it would be fine because they stay small! They eat wood though so you would need to add some!!

Hope it's still there tomorrow!

Aw hope you get him! I'm getting a snowball for a 55! Most plecos are great fish! Keep us updated if you get him or not!

Just make sure you have bottom cover. Caves, driftwood, etc. Places for each to hide and call their own if needed

My new Clown Loach is home and currently waiting for the QT tank to fill up!

Here he is in his bag looking um...well concerned :3

Attachments

• image-3664679797.jpg
    image-3664679797.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 138
I got 3 and albino bristlenose pleco in a 46 they do fine. Like other people say give them plenty of hiding spaces. I assume you give the cucumber or zucchini to supplement.

How much was he? He's awesome looking btw

$40 which I assume is utter robbery in larger places but down here where the options are limited I was happy to take it.

Agree he is awesome looking...I haven't seen him since however...give him some time to settle in before I get angry at him I guess :lol:

Just saw him chilling with the young bristle! Hopefully they can enjoy a long and peaceful friendship :)

**** that is highway robbery. What part of town you from

world_600w.jpg

See that small island just next to the word 'Australia'? :D

Wow!! And it costs that much!! Dang...
It costs $5-8!! I just bought a gold nugget pleco for $30 yesterday too... I hope he survives!! Good luck to you too! Really cool looking clown...

I know! I was amazed that petco even had the nugget... I was just staring at it to see if i wasnt just imagining it... First time i've ever seen a nugget in person and i bought it... Awesome!
Now i just have to see if it does well in my tank...

Back
Top Bottom