Can I refuge in my 6Gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jewilson83

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Wondering if I can setup a " CPR in tank refugium" in the back corner if my main tank? The box is 7.75x4x7.5 inches. It has a built in small power head. I want to hide it behind rocks. Can I? What are the benefits if so?

Sounds a bit large for a 6 gal. You could dry a HOB fuge out of a modded AC70. There are very detailed instructions on the web for doing this too.

You are right. I just measured and oh boy it's big!!!! Do you think they have smaller ones? I have an fluval edge and it will be hard to modify.

if you want some sort of a refugium (which for a tank that small isnt really necessary, more of a luxury) you should look into modding your filter (which is an AC20) into a fuge, there is plenty of info on the web about how to do so, just google "ac20 fuge mod"

also the benefits are nitrate/phosphate export if you are keeping macroalgae in there, which would require a light

IMO it seems too difficult to do while keeping the look and simplicity of the edge, and if it were me (and jenatronqt3.14159 on here) i'd just put some LR rubble in the filter and leave it at that

LR thats been smashed up into smaller pieces lol

and it adds more biological filtration for your tank, which with a small tank you need all you can get, itll help your tank handle any bioloads easier, not that you could stock much in one anyway.

Back
Top Bottom